Some important notes for our 2022 Race:
- We will be following all KCHD guidelines for in-person races. At this point there are no restrictions or special guidelines. Our protocol is subject to change as guidelines change. We are committed to the health, safety, and respect of all of our athletes.
- Races will have on-course support will water and Gatorade at all aid-stations. Cups will be set out on tables, but will be self-serve for runners.
- Hydration will be served in open cups (all volunteers will use rubber gloves when handling cups). If you have health concerns with open cups, please plan to bring your own hydration.
- All roads will be closed to thru traffic.
- The course will be well marked with chalk and signage. Follow course signage! And be sure to know your course beforehand.
- All three races will use the same common start/finish located near the pavilion in the Millennium Park Meadows (on the east side of Maynard Ave… opposite side from previous years).
Each event will have a mass start. Current race times are as follows:
7:30a – Half Marathon
8:00a – 10K
8:10a – 5K
- Refreshments will be available after the race.
- On site awards will be presented in the pavilion, near the finish line, starting approximately at 10:00a. Time subject to change, pending the availability of full results.
- All courses are flat and fast with only a couple of very small, gentle hills to keep it interesting.
Friday Night Kids Fun Run (1 mile)
Start/Finish behind the Meadows Pavilion
Volunteers will be at every turn point to direct the kids.
Parents are welcomed to run with their kids.
Kids will be visible 90% of the time from the start/finish line.
Our 5k course is a flat, looped course that will start on the paved trail behind the pavilion in the beautiful Millennium Park Meadows.
A small incline around mile 0.3 will get your blood flowing, but won’t ruin your legs for the rest of the race.
This course will continue on the paved trail as it winds through park and around the lake.
Runners and walkers will cross Maynard Ave at mile 2.1. Volunteers will be on hand stopping traffic to give runners the right-of-way, however, athletes should be alert and exercise caution when crossing the road. Continue STRAIGHT down Veteran’s Memorial Dr.
5k Runners and walkers will make a left turn at mile 2.5 to the finish back near the start line. (Note: the 10k route continues straight at this point. Also note: returning 10k and half marathon runners share the course from here to the finish. PLEASE stay to the right unless passing. Signage and volunteers will be present to direct.)
Turn RIGHT at mile 2.9 and hustle back to the finish!
Our ½ marathon course will follow the same route as the 10k until mile 3.5 (see above).
Turn right at mile 3.5, crossing the pedestrian bridge over the river.
Turn right onto Indian Mounds Dr. Stay to the right side of the road.
Turn-around at mile 6.5 and follow Indian Mounds Dr. back to the pedestrian bridge.
Turn left at mile 9.2 onto the pedestrian bridge
Turn right at mile 9.3 after crossing back over the bridge. Note that there will be two-way traffic at this point with 10k runners on their return route.
Continue straight at mile 10.5 past the 10k turn-around point, following the paved trail as it winds back to the finish line near the Meadows pavilion.
Turn RIGHT at mile 12.6, follow arrows and signs. Note: 5k, 10k, and half marathon all share the course at this point. Please keep to the right unless passing
Turn RIGHT at mile 12.9 and follow signs to the finish back near the pavilion.
As with all of our courses, this one will be beautiful, flat, and fast!